Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Always an Anne Frank fan

Thought I'd share one of my all-time favorite Anne Frank quotes.  For some reason, it came to mind today.  I always admire people who remain positive, in even the most awful of circumstances.  It is something I want to achieve in my own life.  Anne Frank inspires me!

 "In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.  I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death.  I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness, I hear the ever approaching thunder, which will destroy us too, I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right, that this cruelty too will end, and that peace and tranquility will return again."
-Anne Frank

I admire positive people.  Positive examples of people in my life are first of all, my brother.  In his first 2 years of married life, he has been through a lot.  He was diagnosed with cancer when they found a tumor, the size of a large tomato, near is his heart after about 3 months of getting married.  When they first found out he had this large cancerous tumor, I was still serving as a full-time missionary, and I felt a little bit afraid.  I think one thing that helped me a lot in this time was his positive attitude toward everything.  Never once did I receive an email of complaint from him.  Now, that's not saying much because I wasn't there on that side of the world, but I felt comforted nonetheless, and could continue focusing on my mission.  We thought that the cancer issue was over with for just about a year, when they found that he was still having some other problems with other potential tumors or cancerous tissue, and he may have to repeat chemotherapy, or other treatments.  It was hard news for my family, and probably harder news for him, but he still manages to keep his head up and be positive.  Having the gospel of Jesus Christ is a huge blessing in my life, and the life of my family.  If I didn't have the assurance that in the end, things will be okay if we endure it well, I don't even want to imagine how I would feel.  Sometimes, for me, it's easy to lose sight of the eternal perspective because of the storm of stuff happening around us, but it's the small and simple things that keep us going and enduring.  I have started to realize that from trials in life, we start to appreciate more and more the little tender mercies the Lord gives on a daily basis.  There is always something new we can learn  and be grateful for.  What a blessing that is.





No comments:

Post a Comment