Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Ghost Town

Recently, my friend, Julianne, and myself, had an epic adventure to R Mountain.  It's really more of a hill in my books, but nonetheless, it makes for an epic adventure.  We woke up at 4 in the morning or so, and we drove out there, relying on nothing more than my 'faithful' GPS.  For the most part, my GPS was faithful, and we made it to the trail safely, and hiked to the top (with some other friends whom we met up with).  I love hiking, but it was completely miserable at the top because it was freezing cold, and I was definitely wearing my warmest hiking clothes.  Some people were wearing shorts.  Crazies.  Anyways, afterwards, we were driving back to my apartment.  The way there and back is literally just field and country land.  Julianne noticed something on the side of the road, with an old building or two.  I didn't really notice it, but we decided to turn around and see what it was.  I thought I had seen one or two houses, but what we really found was an old ghost town that had been slightly restored.  It was soooo cool!  Most of it.  We just explored it and took a lot of pictures.  The only freaky thing was in one of the older sheds, we found this creepy clown which will probably give me nightmares the rest of my life.  Beside the point, it was probably the most adventurous thing I've done in a while.  Will I return?  Oh yes.
Are you, are you coming to the tree?

Some old cabins

Pretty sure this place was filled with bats. 

Love those mountains, even if it's -10 degrees. 


Scary clowns in an old shed.  Hello nightmares?

No comments:

Post a Comment