Thursday, March 26, 2015

I want to learn Hebrew

If there is anywhere I could go to right now (besides Chile), it would definitely be Jerusalem/Israel, or I would go to New Zealand.  I've always had interest in Middle Eastern culture, especially in regards to the bible and history of that region.  Part of those interests is learning the ancient languages from that part of the world.  It is a goal of mine to learn Hebrew one day.  IT WOULD BE SO COOL.  I think of the different ways things are translated, and I want to learn Hebrew and then read ancient texts with that skill.
Unfortunately, right now, I only have so much time to do so many things.  This is one of those times when I look at the 50-60 more years I'll be alive and I think of all the things I have yet to learn.  Just take a walk through a single library and you'll know what I mean.  I also loving having intelligent conversations with people about cool stuff.  For example, I have a friend in my English class who is a physics major because he wants to be an astronomer.  Sometimes we talk about really cool stuff concerning the universe and space.  I find it fascinating!  Maybe I'm not a physics major, but I like to learn about cool stuff.  Learning is one of my favorite things in the world, and that is why I think it would be really neat to be able to read ancient texts in their original languages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment